Ingredients (enough for 6 people):
- 600g of a mix of your favourite cheeses (we used 300g Just Jane cheddar and 300g Comte)
- 250ml white wine
- 1.5tbsp cornflour
- Seasoning – salt, pepper, nutmeg, 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Suggested things to dip
- Roasted new potatoes
- Roasted chorizo slices
- Steamed tenderstem broccoli
- Chunks of sourdough bread
- Cherry tomatoes Gherkins/Cornichons
1. A fondue set – is helpful but not essential – you can serve it in the saucepan it is warmed in and use forks rather than fondue prongs to dip with.
2. To make the fondue add the cheese and wine to a saucepan on a low to medium heat. Stir continuously (initially with a spatula and then with a whisk) until melted and combined. It will go through a stage where you think it won’t come together but hold on – it will!
3. When melted, combine the cornflour with a little water and then add to the melty cheese mixture. Stir until thickened. Season to taste. Serve with the dipping items of your choice.
LOOK FOR THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED: